We've adapted our business and taken steps to protect staff, members, and customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. We feel that with our efforts working together we can continue to make golf an enjoyable and COVID-safe activity.
Effective Monday, May 10, 2021
- Each tee time must only be populated with members from the same household or a member who lives alone with their designated two close contacts.
- Many groups will be twosomes (couples from same household) or threesomes (single with two close contacts).
- Some families will be able to fill out a foursome.
- Some singles who do not live alone, will play as singles.
- In other words, single golfers living alone can designate up to two other single golfers who live alone or a single golfer living alone can designate two golfers of one other household to play with.
To clarify, close contacts can be up to two (2) people that an individual who resides alone has ongoing contact with and is incumbent on the individual to identify should any personal inquiries be made to them by AHS.
Effective Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Regular foursomes can book and play together in a tee time.
- Walk-ons will be accepted.
- Pre-booking at the driving range is not required.
- The springsgrill Restaurant and Patio remain closed for in-person dining, take out available only until Stage 2 (projected mid-June).
What we are doing:
Elbow Springs is committed to maintaining a clean and safe environment for all of our members, guests and staff. We've increased cleaning frequency and re-evaluated our protocols.
We've ensured ample spacing between groups while optimizing tee time availability.
Our staff are wearing masks in all areas indoors and in outdoor cases where they cannot maintain a distance of 2 meters apart.
We are doing a health check for each employee as they start their shift. Any employees feeling unwell are not working.
The springsgrill is currently closed for eat-in dining. We offer take out that can be ordered online.
What you can do to help us:
If you feel any symptoms such as cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing or fever, PLEASE STAY HOME.
We are asking all of our guests to wear a mask in all indoor areas of the clubhouse, including in the proshop, springsgrill and administration offices. If this isn't possible we have washrooms accessible from outdoors at the driving range.
Outdoors, around the clubhouse and on the course, wear a mask if you cannot maintain a distance of 2 meters or more between you and our staff or others not in your household.
Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
Make an effort to stay socially distanced with people outside of your cohort when possible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I share a cart with my playing partner?
Yes. If your playing partner is not someone who lives in your household, we have a limited number of carts with dividers installed, or we ask that you wear a mask. If not, we provide a rate for single rider carts.
Do you have options for contactless score keeping?
Yes, our new mobile phone app is an easy way to get the score card, GPS, and other features right on your phone! Download it here.
Are there any COVID-19 specific changes to the rules of golf?
Yes. We have removed rakes from the bunkers and you can adjust you lie if necessary. We've also adapted our cups to not require the removal of the pin/flagstick. No handshakes before or after the round.
Where can I check in?
The ProShop is available for check in, with a capacity of 6 customers in the shop. Members have the option to check in using their member card at the Starter Shack.
Elbow Springs will continue to monitor the recommendations of government and health officials as well as industry best practices and pass along relevant information and updates as necessary.